Thursday, October 1, 2009

La Barceloneta

It's windy on the beach in Barceloneta these days. Surfers are replacing sunbathers. And, in anticipation of the opening of the W Hotel Barcelona (Hotel Vela) today, locals have taken to protest rafts.

Here's the article I wrote for the Globe about the recent development around La Barceloneta: On the beach in Barcelona. It's a watered down version of the original, which had some mention of local politics. As I've been told, that is travel writing. I'll try to give you a glimpse into some of the inner workings of La Barceloneta, those less suitable for the Travel section, in another post.

5 comments:

Mar said...

Nice picture!

Miss Devylish said...

I was just there for 11 days and someone had sent me your blog. I was there at least one windy day at the beach too.. Got some pics similar to this one. Missed everything about Barcelona, except maybe the men offering everything under the sun after dark in the gothic quarter.. ew.

tracy said...

Hola BCN Food Girl,
I follow your blog on occasion and really enjoy it. I thought of you today because a food blogger has a reservation on Dec. 15th at El Bulli but, alas, she and her boyfriend have split and she's looking to share the reservation with someone interesting (she says women can apply). Check it out if you're interested: http://thestonesoup.com/blog/2009/10/help-jules-find-a-date-for-el-bulli/

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Barcelona Food Girl said...

I'm always curious to know what prompts someone to provide completely unsolicited advice instead of just thinking "this blog is not for me" and clicking on. Human nature is indeed a mystery.

Believe it or not, my intention is not to bore the readers of this blog to death. However, I do sometimes use the blog to link to my other writing about food and travel, as I've done in this post.