Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Guilt


I had good intentions, as we all do. I was going to post several times before Christmas. I had plans for a mazapan post, maybe something about almendritas, a bit about los tres reyes. All Navidad related.

But I got waylaid. I flew to Toronto. A storm hit. Thirty centimetres of snow fell in one day. I got distracted.

Now, in Calgary, I'm helping my mom prepare dishes for a traditional Polish Christmas Eve. Pierogies, cabbage rolls, borscht. I'll tell you more about that, but first I have to work myself out from under the piles of cabbage and mushrooms.

In the meantime, I'm going to post some photos of the Christmas lights in Barcelona by way of apology.

Feliz Navidad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi!

i'm happy to have found a barcelona food blog, written in english by someone living in the city.
i will be travelling in europe to complete a stage at a chocolate company in february, and have scheduled some time afterwards to visit spain - barcelona in particular. you can be sure i'll be following your blog over the coming months to get the inside scoop on where to eat, sleep and visit.

-adam
http://achocolateadventure.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... The joys of Polish food. There might be a decent column in that. All most people know about Polish cuisine is the usual 2 or 3 buffet dishes that always pop up.